To successfully complete a PADI IDC, you must meet the following performance requirements:
- Attend and participate in all 17 curriculum presentations (8 of these may be done online in advance). There are an additional 2 optional presentations.
- Present at least three evaluated knowledge development teaching presentations and score a 3.5 or higher on at least two presentations.
- Present at least four evaluated confined water teaching presentations and score a 3.4 or higher on at least two presentations.
- Present at least two integrated (two skills each, four total) evaluated open water teaching presentations and score a 3.4 or higher on each skill in at least one of the integrated presentations.
- Demonstrate competence at performing all 20 dive skills listed on the Skill Evaluation. Candidates must earn 68 total points, with no individual score below 3.
- Perform a face down, nonstop swim for 800 meters/yards using a mask, snorkel and fins.
- Score 75 percent or higher on all five sections of the Dive Theory Exams.
- Score 75 percent or higher on the PADI Systems, Standards and Procedures Exam and have any missed questions reviewed until mastery is achieved. Scores less than 75 percent require a retest.