The PADI OWSI course is generally taught as part of a full PADI IDC. However, if you are already a PADI Assistant Instructor you may be eligible to enter the 5 day OWSI program directly.
PADI OWSI Pre-requisites
- Most are the same as for the PADI IDC
- Assistant Instructor Rating. The AI is the first part of the PADI IDC, so is usually completed at the same time.
PADI OWSI Program Performance Requirements
To successfully complete a PADI OWSI program, an individual must meet the following performance requirements:
- Attend and participate the 17 curriculum presentations below some of which can be done online.
- Present at least one evaluated knowledge development teaching presentations and score a 3.5 or higher.
- Present at least two evaluated confined water teaching presentations and score a 3.4 or higher on at least one presentation.
- Present at least one integrated (two skills) evaluated open water teaching presentations and score a 3.4 or higher on each skill.
- Demonstrate competence at performing all 20 dive skills listed on the Skill Evaluation. Candidates must earn 68 total points, with no individual score below 3.
- Perform a facedown, nonstop swim for 800 metres/yards using a mask, snorkel and fins.
- Score 75 percent or higher on all five sections of the Instructor Pre assessment Exam.