To enroll in a PADI IDC or Assistant Instructor course, an individual must:
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or equivalent
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement for a diving medical examination conducted within the past 12 months.
- Have been a certified diver for at least six months
- Have completed and logged at least 60 open water scuba dives
- Note: To attend an IE, the instructor candidate must have at least 100 logged dives
- Have documentation of experience in deep, night and navigation diving.
- Submit proof of CPR and first aid training within the last 24 months.
- Note: to become an PADI OWSI Instructor you need to be an EFR Instructor.
- Submit documentation of any qualifying certification for entry level, advanced, rescue and leadership-level issued by another recreational diver training organization. (PADI certifications do not need to resubmit.)
- If not a PADI Divemaster, successfully complete the PADI Divemaster course diver rescue skills assessment.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- If you are lacking in any of these areas, we can help you make it up during your internship.
- Independent Learning Prerequisite: Completion of all independent learning Knowledge Reviews in advance.
- Contact us for equivalency standards from other agencies.